Thursday, March 25, 2010

I think the teapot is empty..

Well, that's as much as I can remember from being little. Those were the best tea parties ever.

Elena and Christopher and I don't usually have them any more. With the fancy cups or the teapot or the milk holder. We have tea together though.

I would say to Elena 'Come sit with me,' and that meant 'Grab a tea and come talk at the kitchen table or in the living room.' And Critter tags along to see the fun.

There's a lot of tea spewing. I can keep it in the mouth, Elena, well, can't. Just when she takes a gulp I say something, which, I might add, is not one bit funny, and BAM!
Thar she blows, matey! I always get my full share of tea even if I don't have my own tea.

Yummy.

We have tea at the table a lot. Every morning, mostly. Or in the afternoon when we're not busy.

We don't always chat. We play games. Sometimes we use English accents -mostly me-
or be someone crazy-usually Elena-
Christopher just sits and laughs, sometimes adding in a comment.

We've done this in front of the nieces and nephews before.

(....And they repeated some of the funny things we said over and over and over and over...)

I had a 'tea party' the other day with Stewart and Emma and Ava. I sat and poured tea, the kids drank. It wasn't really a party.

Well, there.

There's lots more where those come from, but I can't remember any right now.

Final words,



I love tea.






3 comments:

  1. Me too.

    And my kids love having a tea party with Aunt Tiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOO!!!

    The teapot can't be empty!

    Fill it up, quick! ;)

    ReplyDelete