Monday, March 22, 2010

One lump, or two?

Well, I've come to the conclusion that my blog is called "Tea On a Roof", but how many posts' have I made about me drinking tea?
So, because of this realization, I will write about my tea drinking life. I have no clue how long this post'll be. Just sayin'.

The word 'tea' was never complete without the word 'party' for me.

There was nothing I loved to do more than beg Mom for a tea-party.

Of course, you can't have a tea party without people. Elena here we come.

Somebody big would have to get the tea pot down, the milk holder, and the sugar cup.

Next was the asking of using the ever-so-special tea cups. "Only if you're extra extra careful" was the reply we normally got.

I'd grab my all time favorite, the one that still is my all time favorite, and Elena would grab hers.

We'd have to have a snack to go with it, of course. Cheese, apples, anything we could grab and convince mom we needed.

We would need a tablecloth, and a fancy thing right in the center. Mostly fake flowers in a vase.

One more major detail, out clothes.

We HAD to dress up. It was special. Sheets, pillow cases, mom's shoes, and ta-da! You're a fancy lady wearing a million dollar dress.

We're ready!

I still remember the two BEST tea parties ever!

Linda, Daniel, and Patrick were our waiters and waitress. They did what ever Elena and Critter and I told them to.

I think Christopher had 9 cups of tea, I had about 12, and Elena had about 14.

We could order tea, and coffee. We also had lunch to go with it. Linda and Dan and Patrick would call us Ma'am, and Sir.

"I'll have another cup of...hummm.. coffee please."

"Right away ma'am."

It was awesome!

Also another time, Dan and Pat joined us!

Daniel was my husband, Patrick was Elena's.

They dressed up, drank tea with us, and ate with us.

The best part, Mom played music and we danced! It was the best ever!

Well, that's one post. I'll write another post about tea too.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for tea parties! :D

    It's funny that you and Dan, and Elena and Pat were 'married' - the blondes together, and the browns together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! So cute!

    You reminded me of the tea parties I had when I was little, back when we were still eating wheat and Linda and I would get some "Willy cookies" (especially the chocolate chip ones, they were SO GOOD frozen) and some animal crackers, and we would dress up too and have tea parties in what used to be the playroom, which is now Mom's and Dad's room.

    Ahhh, memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea parties are fun! I bought Heidi her own little set so we can do just that. Pretending rocks. Your brothers were too kind to play with you like that.

    ReplyDelete