Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Waaatermelllooon!

Just a quick note, that title has absolutely nothing to do with the post.


Okay, so..

Today I realized how silly I am!

When I make tea, I always squeeze out the teabag because I like my tea to be tea and not coloured water.

But I never use a spoon to do it.


I use my fingers.



I grab the super hot teabag out of the cup and begin to squeeze it with my middle finger and my second finger.

I then yelp in pain because poor little fingers don't always like to be pressed on a boiling hot teabag.

As I flinch, I transfer the bag from on hand to the other, then I squeeze with my middle finger and thumb on that side.

After doing that I wait a second for the heat to wear off.

..then I do it with my thumbs and second fingers on both hands!!

Then I throw the used teabag out and shake my hands.

I sigh happily as if that stuff never happened, then I take my tea, and drink happily.

(But, for some strange reason, I never do it to Dad's tea or anyone else's. Only mine.)

6 comments:

  1. That's good, I wouldn't want your fingers in my tea anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Me either. :P

    You're weird. And a knob. I know you know that already, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my fingers to squeeze the tea bag too.

    Only, usually against the spoon, at first.
    Then with my fingers.


    Gotta get every last drop of tea out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped squeezing my teabag with my fingers when I started working at the pig barn. I didn't want the yucky blood and poop and mess that I got on my hands every day (even though I washed my hands frequently) to get in my tea. And even though I haven't been in the barn for over a year, I still use the spoon to squeeze the teabag. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use tea leaves. I'm a tea snob. Much much tea-ier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Use a SPOON, silly girl. Or be patient and let it steep for a couple of minutes. Stop burning your poor fingers. With the number of teas you have every day, it's a wonder that you have any fingers left. Think of the piano!!! You neeeeeeeeed fingers to play it!

    ReplyDelete