Monday, February 8, 2010

Baggy eyes.

I was baby sitting Kaleb, Kaitlyn, and Levi from Thursday to Friday.

The night time was the hardest.

Kaitlyn wouldn't sleep. She got up, went to the bathroom, went back to bed. And repeat. And repeat. And, once again, repeat.

She not only got up by herself to go, but she got up when Kaleb got up. (Kaleb only got up twice.)

Finally, I went to bed.

Kaitlyn was sleeping.

I quietly got into my covers and fell asleep too.

At 11:30 I was woken up. Not by a little kid saying they needed to go pee, but by Louie.

Louie is Matt and Joanna's cat.

Well, he laid right beside my face purring. Then he began licking himself.
Then he licked me.

I pushed him away, thinking that he'd leave.

Nope.

He came right back to me, purring, and once in a while going, "Merrow!"

I pushed him again, harder this time, and to my joy he turned and began walking away.

Once again....nope.

He hoped right on Kaitlyn's bed, purring.

I was up in a flash but careful not to wake Kaitlyn up.

I grabbed Louie and put him outside the door.

"Merrow! Purrrrr...Merrow!"

(Note; Kaitlyn's door cannot close.)

Louie pawed open the door.

He came right up to me again. "Merrow!'

This time I picked him up, took him downstairs, and put him on Matt's chair.
I went back upstairs, crawled into my sleeping bag, and shut my eyes.

Ah, sleep was nearly upon me when.....

"Merrow! Merrow!"

Before Louie could open the door, I launched myself to it and held it shut.

*Scratch Scratch!* "Merrow!" *Scratch Scratch!*

I put my hand out and whacked him.

He rolled on his back, purring.

Whack!

I whacked him a second time. but this time he thought it was a game. He wrapped his front paws around my arm and softly chewed. ( I still have the scratches he made! :P)

"Louie! Get! Hissss!" I tried hissing, remembering our own cats who run if you do, but Louie didn't care.

Kaitlyn stirred. I froze. Louie meowed again.

When I was sure Kaitlyn was asleep, I took Louie, went downstairs, and put him in the bathroom.

Once again sleep was nearly on me, when, "Merrow!"

I got up right away, grabbed Louie, took him downstairs, and put him outside.

I went upstairs, and fell asleep.

Kaitlyn woke up tree times that night, and tried to get out of her room. Joanna kept putting her back in bed.

In the morning, Patrick told me I was supposed to lock Louie in the bathroom.

Don't you think the information would have been useful the night before, Patrick?

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, Patrick. :P

    (We always lock the cats in the bathroom, too. I hate the night meowing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lock ours in the Great Room. I hate the noisy mouse-chasing! Not that the mice are particularly noisy, but the cats thump as they jump to catch their prey.

    Good post, Tiana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have been useful information indeed.

    No wonder you have baggy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another reason to dislike cats.. aside from allergies for me. :P

    At least outside worked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can picture you whacking the cat! I laughed out loud and scared Mike.

    ReplyDelete