Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A little late..

..But still, I have a fine excuse! I haven't been on the computer in FOREVAH!!

So...




HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRITTER!

AND MATTHEW!

AND HEIDI!



In honour of their birthdays, I'll write about what I did with them when we were little.



Christopher:


I don't remember why, but he and I were doing something we apparently needed aprons for.

I was about six-ish, and he was about three-ish.
We had hunted everywhere for aprons, and then I found two.

I somehow managed to "tie" them on us both, and as we were on our way downstairs, Critter asked, "What are these things called?"

I had absolutely no idea.

But I couldn't tell him that!

I was the big sister!

I had to know these things.


I racked my brain trying to think of a name for them.

"Uh...er...um...well... They're called aprons!" I said.

Satisfied, he went downstairs with me behind him.


Well,

for a while it didn't cross my mind again until I saw Linda putting an apron on.

"What are those called?" I asked.

Without really thinking about the answer she replied, "Aprons."

I was shocked.

I didn't lie.

I didn't have to confess to Christopher I had no clue what they were called.

I was still the big sister who knew it all!



Now I have told him about that day when we were little, and we both laughed.

I had invented a word that was the real name for aprons! I"m a genius!



Matthew and Heidi:


They were little, and big. Little enough that they still could sit in a car seat, big enough that they could eat baby cereal.

Whenever Rachel came over with them, I was always there with them. Begging to hold one and such.

One day she was over I volunteered to feed them.

So, while I was getting their cereal ready I gave them a rice cake.

As I walked to them, they saw the cereal. They stopped eating the rice cakes and began demanding rice cereal.

I picked up the rice cakes and handed them back to Matthew and Heidi.

"No." I said in a stern manner, "You must finish your rice cakes first, and THEN you get the cereal!"

I heard Rachel laugh behind me, so I turned. She was watching me.

I had no clue what on earth she was laughing about, so I just went back to taking care of the twins.

They obeyed and ate their rice cakes, now and then demanding some cereal, but I never gave them some until the rice cakes were gone. :)

Christopher is now eleven, Matthew and Heidi are three. Where did the time go?


2 comments:

  1. I laughed because you were so stern, with tiny BABIES.... a girl after my own heart.

    You're better than me, I haven't written anything about birthdays.

    ReplyDelete